The standardisation process is often difficult to access because of issues related to awareness, time, technical difficulties and even linguistics. This makes in particular the participation of SMEs very complicated.
For this reason, EBC is a founding member and partner of Small Business Standards (SBS), a European non-profit association co-financed by the European Commission, EFTA Member States, and its members in order to give SMEs a voice in the standardisation process at the European and international level.
EBC represents SBS in construction-related fora as well as technical committees and assists SBS members and experts in the implementation of the Construction Products Regulation . Moreover, EBC chairs the SBS Construction Forum, an annual event which discusses construction matters of interest to SMEs involved in standardisation. To find out more about standardisation activities in construction, have a look at the SBS “ .
- Construction Product Regulation: EBC and SBS call for a clear, stable, and SME-friendly Constructions Product Regulation (CPR) - - Read more
- Energy efficiency: EBC reaches out to European Parliament ITRE committee for an improved EPBD recast - - Read more
- BIM: SBS attends plenary of CEN/TC 442 in Norway - - Read more
- Standardisation: Upcoming SBS Annual event focuses on sustainable products - - Read more
- Construction SMEs: First physical EBC meeting since COVID - - Read more
- Vacancy notice: EBC Technical Officer - - Read more
- Standards: Election of the 2022-25 SBS President & Board, new EBC representative - - Read more
- Standardisation: SBS statement on timely delivery of EU standards - - Read more
- Vacancy notice: Secretary General - - Read more
- Standardisation: Green growth and standards at the core of the SBS Annual event 2021 - - Read more