The standardisation process is often difficult to access because of issues related to awareness, time, technical difficulties and even linguistics. This makes in particular the participation of SMEs very complicated.
For this reason, EBC is a founding member and partner of Small Business Standards (SBS), a European non-profit association co-financed by the European Commission, EFTA Member States, and its members in order to give SMEs a voice in the standardisation process at the European and international level.
EBC represents SBS in construction-related fora as well as technical committees and assists SBS members and experts in the implementation of the Construction Products Regulation . Moreover, EBC chairs the SBS Construction Forum, an annual event which discusses construction matters of interest to SMEs involved in standardisation. To find out more about standardisation activities in construction, have a look at the SBS “ .
- Standards: SBS Annual event on SMEs and the data economy - - Read more
- Standardisation under the Construction Products Regulation: Joint discussion paper - - Read more
- Standardisation: EBC participates in CEN-CENELEC video on Standards in Construction - - Read more
- Vacancy notice: EBC Standardisation Officer - - Read more
- Construction Products Regulation: legislative scrutiny time on its implementation - - Read more
- EBC welcomes the new Director of Small Business Standards - - Read more
- EBC intervenes at the European Fire Safety Week - - Read more
- SBS experts meet to discuss the Construction Products Regulation and sustainability - - Read more
- Joint declaration: Construction products manufacturers & contractors urgently need a standardisation system that works - - Read more