The standardisation process is often difficult to access because of issues related to awareness, time, technical difficulties and even linguistics. This makes in particular the participation of SMEs very complicated.
For this reason, EBC is a founding member and partner of Small Business Standards (SBS), a European non-profit association co-financed by the European Commission, EFTA Member States, and its members in order to give SMEs a voice in the standardisation process at the European and international level.
EBC represents SBS in construction-related fora as well as technical committees and assists SBS members and experts in the implementation of the Construction Products Regulation . Moreover, EBC chairs the SBS Construction Forum, an annual event which discusses construction matters of interest to SMEs involved in standardisation. To find out more about standardisation activities in construction, have a look at the SBS “ .
- Standardisation: Green growth and standards at the core of the SBS Annual event 2021 - - Read more
- EBC joins the Construction & Infrastructure Leadership Group of the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform - - Read more
- Vacancy notice: Policy Officer - Energy & Environment - - Read more
- Vacancy notice: Standardisation Policy Officer - - Read more
- Construction Products Regulation: major conference organised by the German Presidency of the European Council - - Read more
- Standardisation: future challenges for the sector, from CPR to environmental performance - - Read more
- Standards: SBS Annual event on SMEs and the data economy - - Read more
- Standardisation under the Construction Products Regulation: Joint discussion paper - - Read more
- Standardisation: EBC participates in CEN-CENELEC video on Standards in Construction - - Read more
- Vacancy notice: EBC Standardisation Officer - - Read more