Micro, small and medium-sized enterprises are the backbone of the European economy. In 2003, the European Union introduced a common definition of which enterprises classify as SMEs in order to specifically target access to finance and EU support programmes at these enterprises.
SMEs need specific support to fully achieve their economic potential. However, especial support for micro enterprises is still lacking and administrative burdens as well as access to finance, innovation or public markets remain serious barriers that SMEs and crafts face. Accordingly, EBC contributes to the further development of an SME friendly business environment in the EU via an intensive cooperation with key European SME representatives such as SMEunited and Small Business Standards.
- Taxonomy: EBC speaks about impact on construction SMEs in EU Circular Talk - - Read more
- Public procurement: EBC participates to High Level Construction Forum session on BIM in public contracts - - Read more
- SME Assembly 2022: dense programme but no focus on buildings - - Read more
- SME support: right focus and ambition in the Commission President’s State of the Union speech - - Read more
- EUSEW 2022: final BIM4Ren event on digital tools for construction SMEs, skills and the Renovation Wave - - Read more
- SME reporting: EBC contributes to EFRAG consultation on Sustainability Reporting Standards for large enterprises - - Read more
- BIM: SBS attends plenary of CEN/TC 442 in Norway - - Read more
- Research & Innovation: 1st Built4People partnership Stakeholders’ forum - - Read more
- High-Level Construction Forum: EBC co-chairs session on digital tools in the EU green transition - - Read more
- Digitalization: EBC intervened at BIM4Ren Training launch in Rome - - Read more