The long-lasting financial crisis has seriously hit the access to finance and funding for SMEs. Although construction enterprises are on the path to recovery, they still struggle to reach pre-financial crisis levels. Access to finance and funding is, thus, one of the major issues for construction micro, small and medium-sized businesses.
Only decisive SMEs-targeted actions on access to finance and funding will boost growth and bring back confidence as well as investments in the construction sector. Therefore EBC supports the earmarking of EU funds for construction challenges such as energy efficiency, circular economy and digitalisation. EBC also pushes for better access to finance for construction SMEs and the targeted blending of financial instruments and direct grants for SMEs. Moreover, EBC believes that microenterprises need a special financial focus.
- EBC talks about the Renovation wave at the SolarPower Summit - - Read more
- EU Recovery Plan: we need an EU concerted action to prioritise the built environment! - - Read more
- Appeal by the construction industry for a rapid and sustainable recovery - - Read more
- European Recovery Plan: The multiplier effect of investing in the EU construction sector - - Read more
- Joint Declaration on the European Recovery Fund: The construction ecosystem as priority with at least €320B dedicated budget - - Read more
- Renovation wave to support the recovery: videocall with EU Energy Commissioner Kadri Simson - - Read more
- EBC welcomes the European Green Deal communication - - Read more
- Research & Innovation: a Public-Private Partnership on a Sustainable Built Environment - - Read more
- Horizon Europe: Built environment and construction as a priority - - Read more