The long-lasting financial crisis has seriously hit the access to finance and funding for SMEs. Although construction enterprises are on the path to recovery, they still struggle to reach pre-financial crisis levels. Access to finance and funding is, thus, one of the major issues for construction micro, small and medium-sized businesses.
Only decisive SMEs-targeted actions on access to finance and funding will boost growth and bring back confidence as well as investments in the construction sector. Therefore EBC supports the earmarking of EU funds for construction challenges such as energy efficiency, circular economy and digitalisation. EBC also pushes for better access to finance for construction SMEs and the targeted blending of financial instruments and direct grants for SMEs. Moreover, EBC believes that microenterprises need a special financial focus.
- EU funding: €100m available for the LIFE Clean Energy Transition Call 2022 - - Read more
- REBUILD Congress: Challenges and solutions for a sustainable built environment - - Read more
- Construction in national Recovery Plans - The built environment must be a priority for Next Generation EU - - Read more
- EBC talks about the Renovation wave at the SolarPower Summit - - Read more
- EU Recovery Plan: we need an EU concerted action to prioritise the built environment! - - Read more
- Appeal by the construction industry for a rapid and sustainable recovery - - Read more
- European Recovery Plan: The multiplier effect of investing in the EU construction sector - - Read more