Digitalisation is considered to be essential for the EU economy to remain competitive in an increasingly globalised market. The construction sector, as one of the most important EU economic sectors, is thus also getting increasingly involved with its own digital transformation – or Construction 4.0 – which has the potential to further improve working conditions on construction sites, attract young people to the sector and make construction projects more predictable.
However, the construction industry is structurally characterised by the presence of many actors, and this fragmentation of roles and tasks naturally makes digitalisation more challenging when compared with other sectors. Especially construction SMEs and craftsmen have limited investments opportunities and often lack digital expertise, which is why we need a gradual digital transformation across the whole value chain that is beneficial for everyone.
- Construction 4.0: EBC in BUILD UP Expert Talks explains the revolution of the building sector - - Read more
- Construction 4.0: BEEYONDERS partners met in Sevilla to discuss next actions - - Read more
- Digital construction: launch of the Tech4EUConstruction Cluster by three Horizon Europe projects aiming at human-centric technologies in construction - - Read more
- Construction 4.0: HumanTech partners gathered in Barcelona to discuss next actions - - Read more
- Construction 4.0: EBC intervenes in the European Robotics Forum 2023 via the Beeyonders project - - Read more
- Construction 4.0: Kicking off the Beeyonders project and its worker-friendly technologies in Madrid - - Read more
- Digital construction: The European Commission launches a website on the digitalisation of construction SMEs - - Read more
- Digitalization: BIM4REN final events’ calendar - - Read more
- Construction 4.0: new EU-funded EBC project “Human Centered Technologies for a safer and greener European Construction Industry” - - Read more
- Construction 4.0: EBC will explore human-centric technologies in new EU-funded project Beeyonders - - Read more