The EU building stock (residential and commercial) is responsible for about 40% of final energy consumption and about 36% of all greenhouse gas emissions in the EU. Hence, it offers substantial possibilities to ensure that the objectives of the EUs Climate and Energy Policy Framework are met and international commitments are achieved.
Keeping this in mind, EBC is a strong advocate to further promote the social, economic and environmental benefits of sustainable buildings and to improve access and availability of public and private finances so that people are able to cover the costs of renovation works.
- EPBD: EBC endorses industry call for a bottom-up approach for integrated system efficiency - - Read more
- Energy efficiency: EBC exchanges with property owners, consumers, and housing representatives - - Read more
- Energy efficiency: Council opts for moderate ambition in general approach on the EPBD - - Read more
- Renewables: EBC endorses cross-sector call for an EU solar rooftop mandate - - Read more
- EUSEW: final BIM4Ren event on digital tools and the Renovation wave - - Read more
- Digitalization: BIM4REN final events’ calendar - - Read more
- Energy efficiency: EBC reaches out to European Parliament ITRE committee for an improved EPBD recast - - Read more
- Standardisation: EBC intervenes at SBS annual event on Sustainable Products - - Read more
- EU funding: €100m available for the LIFE Clean Energy Transition Call 2022 - - Read more
- Built4People partnership: EBC talks about inclusivity and innovation in construction - - Read more