The EU building stock (residential and commercial) is responsible for about 40% of final energy consumption and about 36% of all greenhouse gas emissions in the EU. Hence, it offers substantial possibilities to ensure that the objectives of the EUs Climate and Energy Policy Framework are met and international commitments are achieved.
Keeping this in mind, EBC is a strong advocate to further promote the social, economic and environmental benefits of sustainable buildings and to improve access and availability of public and private finances so that people are able to cover the costs of renovation works.
- Energy efficiency: EBC exchanges with Brussels property owners in UIPI Renovation Tour - - Read more
- Energy efficiency: EBC invited to discuss EPBD with the BUILD UP Board of Ambassadors - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: EBC attends Steering Committee of LIFE project CondoReno - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: Co-legislators mark progress in EPBD trilogue negotiation - - Read more
- EBC Congress 2023: Construction SMEs and crafts discuss their role in making the sector more sustainable - - Read more
- Energy transition: EBC in new ENZA video on skills needs for a Net-Zero Industry Act - - Read more
- Energy efficiency: EBC discusses with MEP Sean Kelly and DG Energy on EPBD - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: European Commission Ecodesign and Energy Labelling Consultation Forum discusses ban on standalone boilers - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: EBC takes part in Power-to-Buildings Peer Exchange with focus on the EPBD - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: EBC intervenes on EPBD during CNA’s Sustainable construction week - - Read more