The EU building stock (residential and commercial) is responsible for about 40% of final energy consumption and about 36% of all greenhouse gas emissions in the EU. Hence, it offers substantial possibilities to ensure that the objectives of the EUs Climate and Energy Policy Framework are met and international commitments are achieved.
Keeping this in mind, EBC is a strong advocate to further promote the social, economic and environmental benefits of sustainable buildings and to improve access and availability of public and private finances so that people are able to cover the costs of renovation works.
- EU Circular Talks: More competitiveness of secondary materials to enable circular economy in construction - - Read more
- BIM: The ''EU BIM for Building Renovation'' Competition awaits your participation - - Read more
- Skills: Strategic Construction Blueprint survey on skills needs of construction companies - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: Coalition of the Willing on Better Buildings and Neighbourhoods stepping up EPBD activity - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: DG Energy stakeholder workshops on the EPBD revision - - Read more
- BIM4Ren project: fourth webinar "BIM4Ren tools: BIM bots added-value in energy renovation projects" on 20 May - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: Commission should act with proportion regarding a possible revision of the EPBD - - Read more
- BIM: join the BIM4Ren Stakeholders community to learn more on the digital renovation of buildings - - Read more
- One-stop-shops for sustainable renovation: A key tool to inform, motivate, assist and support - - Read more