The EU building stock (residential and commercial) is responsible for about 40% of final energy consumption and about 36% of all greenhouse gas emissions in the EU. Hence, it offers substantial possibilities to ensure that the objectives of the EUs Climate and Energy Policy Framework are met and international commitments are achieved.
Keeping this in mind, EBC is a strong advocate to further promote the social, economic and environmental benefits of sustainable buildings and to improve access and availability of public and private finances so that people are able to cover the costs of renovation works.
- Energy efficiency: EBC discusses with MEP Sean Kelly and DG Energy on EPBD - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: European Commission Ecodesign and Energy Labelling Consultation Forum discusses ban on standalone boilers - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: EBC takes part in Power-to-Buildings Peer Exchange with focus on the EPBD - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: EBC intervenes on EPBD during CNA’s Sustainable construction week - - Read more
- Energy efficiency: European Parliament adopts EPBD Report - - Read more
- Energy transition: EBC joins European Net Zero Alliance (ENZA) - - Read more
- EPBD: EBC endorses industry call for a bottom-up approach for integrated system efficiency - - Read more
- Energy efficiency: EBC exchanges with property owners, consumers, and housing representatives - - Read more
- Energy efficiency: Council opts for moderate ambition in general approach on the EPBD - - Read more
- Renewables: EBC endorses cross-sector call for an EU solar rooftop mandate - - Read more