The EU building stock (residential and commercial) is responsible for about 40% of final energy consumption and about 36% of all greenhouse gas emissions in the EU. Hence, it offers substantial possibilities to ensure that the objectives of the EUs Climate and Energy Policy Framework are met and international commitments are achieved.
Keeping this in mind, EBC is a strong advocate to further promote the social, economic and environmental benefits of sustainable buildings and to improve access and availability of public and private finances so that people are able to cover the costs of renovation works.
- EUSEW event: Spurring Europe’s renovation wave - - Read more
- Digital construction: Meet BIM4Ren, easy-to-use BIM tools for renovation - - Read more
- Green ‘Superbonus’: Joint statement on supporting the Italian plan to relaunch the building sector - - Read more
- BIM4Ren project: first webinar "Meet BIM4Ren: Easy-to-use BIM tools for renovation" on 26 May - - Read more
- CONDAP project: Online training and assessment material for construction mentors - - Read more
- Renovation wave to support the recovery: videocall with EU Energy Commissioner Kadri Simson - - Read more
- Sustainable buildings: Stakeholders discuss feedback from Level(s) test phase - - Read more
- EBC welcomes the European Green Deal communication - - Read more
- The very first BIM4Ren newsletter is out! - - Read more
- Integrated building renovations can help to deliver a successful European Green Deal - - Read more