The EU building stock (residential and commercial) is responsible for about 40% of final energy consumption and about 36% of all greenhouse gas emissions in the EU. Hence, it offers substantial possibilities to ensure that the objectives of the EUs Climate and Energy Policy Framework are met and international commitments are achieved.
Keeping this in mind, EBC is a strong advocate to further promote the social, economic and environmental benefits of sustainable buildings and to improve access and availability of public and private finances so that people are able to cover the costs of renovation works.
- Energy Efficiency: EBC welcomes the Commission's EPBD proposal as a step towards boosting energy renovation - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: EBC & FIEC meet Commission for a constructive and proportionate EPBD revision - - Read more
- Skills: Become a member of the Construction Blueprint Sectoral Skills Alliance! - - Read more
- Digital Construction: BIM-SPEED National training and dissemination workshops - - Read more
- The European Housing Sector call for contextualised Fit-for-55 and EPBD revision - - Read more
- High Level Construction Forum: Co-creating a policy roadmap for the sector - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: Construction SMEs call for proportionate and realistic measures in their new position on the EPBD revision - - Read more
- Energy Efficiency: EBC contributes to the Coalition on Sustainable Buildings & Neighbourhoods activities on One-stop shops - - Read more