The EU building stock (residential and commercial) is responsible for about 40% of final energy consumption and about 36% of all greenhouse gas emissions in the EU. Hence, it offers substantial possibilities to ensure that the objectives of the EUs Climate and Energy Policy Framework are met and international commitments are achieved.
Keeping this in mind, EBC is a strong advocate to further promote the social, economic and environmental benefits of sustainable buildings and to improve access and availability of public and private finances so that people are able to cover the costs of renovation works.
- Sustainable buildings: First meeting between Covenant of Mayors and EU organisations marks start of discussion - - Read more
- Renovation wave: Only a stable and enabling policy framework will stimulate demand - - Read more
- Digitalisation: BIM4Ren General Assembly, Tech day & webinar - - Read more
- CONDAP Project: Info day & Pilot-testing of the Online Course for construction mentors - - Read more
- Skills for construction mentors: CONDAP online event on 10 November - - Read more
- EBC welcomes Renovation Wave Communication as a step towards more energy efficiency renovations - - Read more
- EBC talks about the Renovation wave at the SolarPower Summit - - Read more
- Digital skills: the CONDAP online course for construction mentors is ready - - Read more
- EUSEW event: Spurring Europe’s renovation wave - - Read more
- Digital construction: Meet BIM4Ren, easy-to-use BIM tools for renovation - - Read more