The European construction industry plays a fundamental role in building and maintaining our buildings. However, at the same time, the industry also produces construction and demolition waste (CDW) which accounts for 25-30% of all waste created in the EU, making it one of the most important waste streams.
Construction craftsmen and SMEs take sustainability issues very serious and continue their efforts to minimise and recycle waste at any stage. Therefore, EBC supports feasible initiatives on reused and recycled construction materials as well as initiatives of the European Union to improve waste management and demolition processes.
- Renovation wave: Only a stable and enabling policy framework will stimulate demand - - Read more
- Circular Economy: construction SMEs are vital to achieve the EU environmental goals - - Read more
- EBC welcomes the European Green Deal communication - - Read more
- Strengthening ties with Baltic construction SMEs - - Read more
- Exploring links between Circular Economy and the Construction Products Regulation - - Read more
- Circular economy in construction: Call for an expert platform for circular materials, products and buildings - - Read more
- Waste directive: construction SMEs promote an enabling framework and specific support for successful implementation - - Read more
- Circular Economy: more strategic support is needed for construction SMEs - - Read more