The European construction industry plays a fundamental role in building and maintaining our buildings. However, at the same time, the industry also produces construction and demolition waste (CDW) which accounts for 25-30% of all waste created in the EU, making it one of the most important waste streams.
Construction craftsmen and SMEs take sustainability issues very serious and continue their efforts to minimise and recycle waste at any stage. Therefore, EBC supports feasible initiatives on reused and recycled construction materials as well as initiatives of the European Union to improve waste management and demolition processes.
- Skills: Become a member of the Construction Blueprint Sectoral Skills Alliance! - - Read more
- High Level Construction Forum: Co-creating a policy roadmap for the sector - - Read more
- SMEunited, EBC and the LIFE programme join efforts to inspire green construction among SMEs - - Read more
- Green construction: SMEunited/EBC event on ''Green best practices for construction SMEs and how the EU can support'' - - Read more
- EU Circular Talks: More competitiveness of secondary materials to enable circular economy in construction - - Read more
- Skills: Strategic Construction Blueprint survey on skills needs of construction companies - - Read more
- EBC joins the Construction & Infrastructure Leadership Group of the European Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform - - Read more
- Renovation wave: Only a stable and enabling policy framework will stimulate demand - - Read more