The European construction industry plays a fundamental role in building and maintaining our buildings. However, at the same time, the industry also produces construction and demolition waste (CDW) which accounts for 25-30% of all waste created in the EU, making it one of the most important waste streams.
Construction craftsmen and SMEs take sustainability issues very serious and continue their efforts to minimise and recycle waste at any stage. Therefore, EBC supports feasible initiatives on reused and recycled construction materials as well as initiatives of the European Union to improve waste management and demolition processes.
- Standardisation: EBC intervenes at SBS annual event on Sustainable Products - - Read more
- Built4People partnership: EBC talks about inclusivity and innovation in construction - - Read more
- High-Level Construction Forum: EBC co-chairs session on digital tools in the EU green transition - - Read more
- Standardisation: Upcoming SBS Annual event focuses on sustainable products - - Read more
- Sustainability: register to the next Construction2050 event on Sustainable access to primary & secondary raw materials - - Read more
- Circular Economy: EBC intervenes in the 2022 Circular Economy Stakeholder Conference - - Read more
- Circularity: Register to the 2022 Circular Economy Stakeholder Conference - - Read more
- Skills: Become a member of the Construction Blueprint Sectoral Skills Alliance! - - Read more
- High Level Construction Forum: Co-creating a policy roadmap for the sector - - Read more
- SMEunited, EBC and the LIFE programme join efforts to inspire green construction among SMEs - - Read more