The European Builders Confederation (EBC) is the association standing for the crafts, micro companies, and SMEs in the construction sector vis-à-vis the European Institutions. EBC is actively supporting the path towards a more sustainable, digital, and inclusive construction sector and built environment. For our offices in Brussels, we are looking for a motivated EU Projects Officer to join our young, dynamic, and multi-cultural team.
The EU Projects Officer will oversee and actively contribute to the in projects and initiatives related to the sustainability and digitalisation of the construction sector and built environment in Europe.
The successful candidate will be a committed, pro-active, talented, and flexible professional who can meet the following requirements:
- At least 2 years of experience in the management and reporting of EU projects. Proven experience in Horizon Europe, Horizon 2020, LIFE or Erasmus+ programmes will be considered an asset.
- Interest in European affairs and knowledge/willingness to learn on the role of SMEs and the construction sector in the European society. Experience in EU-level or membership organisations will be considered an asset.
- Fluency in English both written and oral; fluency in other European languages (French, Italian, German, Spanish) is an asset.
- Communication skills, including an ability to get to the point, and digital skills, especially Microsoft office tools. Proven experience in WordPress and social media use is a plus.
- Team-working attitude and can oversee multiple projects at the same time.
- Capability of taking responsibility, showing ownership, and going beyond her/his tasks.
Ideally, the right candidate is familiar with the Brussels working environment and knows how to target the relevant audience.
Reporting to the Secretary General, she/he will notably be assisting the office for the following tasks:
- Manage EBC activities in EU-funded projects, including drafting analytical documents and deliverables; preparing technical and financial reporting; and reviewing grant agreements and budgets.
- Support communication and dissemination activities to share project results, best practices, and knowledge with the wider European construction community, as well as fostering replication of project outcomes at EU level.
- Provide support and consult with EBC national members and external experts and contribute to the “skills and training” approach of EBC supporting the liaison between policy and projects.
- Support the EBC Secretariat on communication activities (writing articles, proofreading, preparing presentations, video shootings), and perform regular administrative tasks in support of the Secretariat’s daily work.
- Organise or support the organisation of events, such as project meetings, conferences, webinars, or Congresses.
- Represent EBC in external meetings and events in Brussels or abroad, engaging with relevant stakeholders, including European policymakers, industry associations, and regulatory bodies.
What we offer
EBC offers a long-term full-time contract to the successful candidate. To be fixed according to professional experience, EBC offers an attractive remuneration package including benefits such as lunch and eco-vouchers.
The position respects a work-life balance, awards satisfaction, responsibilities, and potential for growth. EBC offers the possibility to partially work remotely, though we expect Brussels to be your main location of work.
The starting date for the successful candidate is January-March 2024 at the latest.
Addressed to EBC Secretary General, a CV (maximum 2 pages) and a motivation letter (including salary expectation – maximum 1 page) in English should be sent to email@example.com, quoting “Application – EU Projects Officer” in the subject line. The deadline to apply is Friday 12 January 2024.
EBC does not and shall not discriminate on any basis, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted in mid-January 2024. Early applications are encouraged as they will be evaluated on a rolling basis.