The European Builders Confederation (EBC) is the association standing for the crafts and SMEs in the construction sector vis-à-vis the European Institutions. EBC is actively supporting the path towards a more sustainable, digital and inclusive construction sector and built environment. For its offices in Brussels, we are looking for motivated EU Projects Officer to join our young, dynamic and multi-cultural team.
The successful candidate will be a pro-active, talented, and flexible professional who can meet the following requirements:
- At least 3 years of experience in the management and reporting of EU projects. Proven experience in Horizon Europe, Horizon 2020 or Erasmus+ programmes will be considered an asset;
- Interest in European affairs and knowledge/willingness to learn on the role of SMEs and the construction sector in the European society. Past experience in EU-level organisations and/or training activities towards entrepreneurs or companies will be considered an asset;
- Fluency in English both written and oral; fluency in other European languages (French, Italian, German, etc.) is an asset;
- Communication skills, including an ability to get to the point, and digital skills, especially Microsoft office tools. Proven experience in WordPress and social media use is a plus;
- Team-working attitude and can oversee several projects at the same time;
- Capability of taking responsibility, showing ownership, and going beyond her/his tasks.
The right candidate is familiar with the Brussels working environment and knows how to target the relevant audience.
Reporting to the Secretary General, she/he will notably be assisting the office for the following tasks:
- Manage EBC activities in EU co-funded projects, including drafting analytical documents and deliverables; preparing technical and financial reporting; reviewing grant agreements and budgets, etc.
- Organise or support the organisation of events, such as project meetings, conferences, webinars, or Congresses.
- Provide support and liaise with EBC national members and external experts.
- Contribute to the “skills and training” approach of EBC supporting the liaison between policy and projects.
- Support the EBC Secretariat on communication activities (writing articles, proofreading, preparing presentations, etc.)
- Represent EBC in external meetings and events in Brussels or abroad.
- Perform regular administrative tasks in support of the Secretariat’s daily work.
What we offer
EBC offers a long-term full-time contract to the successful candidate. To be fixed according to professional experience, EBC offers an attractive remuneration package including benefits such as lunch and eco-vouchers.
The position respects a work-life balance, awards satisfaction, responsibilities, and potential for growth to a resolute professional. EBC offers the possibility to partially work remotely, though we expect Brussels to be your main location of work.
The starting date for the successful candidate is May/June 2023 at the latest.
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and a motivation letter including salary expectation (maximum 1 page) in English, addressed to EBC Secretary General, should be sent to email@example.com quoting “Application – EU Projects Officer” in the subject line. The deadline to apply is Friday 21 April 2023.
EBC does not and shall not discriminate on any basis, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment.
Only the selected candidates will be contacted in mid-April/early May 2023. Early applications are encouraged as they will be evaluated on a rolling basis.