The European Builders Confederation has engaged in the European project CONDAP – Digital Skills for Workplace Mentors in Construction Sector Apprenticeships, in the framework of the ongoing digitalisation of the construction sector.
Co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme for the period 2018 – 2021, CONDAP has the objective to enhance the digital skills of mentors in construction apprenticeships and to bridge the gap between training needs and employers’ expectations in the construction industry.
To this end, CONDAP will develop and make available train-the-trainer resources to organisations, companies and construction stakeholders to empower mentors to coordinate apprentices effectively with the help of cutting edge digital technologies. All educational resources (learning units, training manuals and materials) will be freely available online in the form of a VOOC (Vocational Open Online Course).
EBC and its national members will play an important role in the development of the project. EBC will indeed:
- lead the activities for the validation of the learning and digital outputs;
- facilitate the pilot testing of the CONDAP open online course for workplace mentors in the partnership countries,
- organise an information event in Brussels,
- co-draft the road-map for the systematic integration of CONDAP outcomes into VET,
- redact a Memorandum of cooperation to foster the upskilling of construction workplace mentors.
During the first months of the project, the consortium has already made significant progress in the development of evidence-based learning outcomes for mentors in construction apprenticeships, which were finalised on the occasion of the second partners meeting hosted by the Vilnius Builders Training Centre (VSRC) on 21st May 2019 in Vilnius, Lithuania (the photos of the meeting can be found below).
The next step is the development of the CONDAP curriculum and all related educational resources.