The Construction 2020 High Level Tripartite Forum today took stock of the implementation of the Construction 2020 Action Plan. The Forum was also held in preparation of the Ministerial Conference on Construction that the European Commission is organising in Bratislava on 15-16 September 2016.
Sarah McMonagle from our UK’s member Federation of Master Builders (FMB) was invited to talk about how to improve the image of the sector. She explained FMB’s initiatives to increase the confidence in builders and attract apprentices to the sector, among which:
- Vetting and independent inspections
- Apprenticeship research report and apprenticeship ambassadors visiting schools
- Promoting women in construction
- Master Builder AwardsInsurance-backed warranties for consumers
FMB also presented EBC’s last year initiatives to include more women and young people in construction trades.
- See the PowerPoint presentation on how to improve the image of construction