The standardisation process is often difficult to access because of issues related to awareness, time, technical difficulties and even linguistics. This makes in particular the participation of SMEs very complicated.
For this reason, EBC is a founding member and partner of Small Business Standards (SBS), a European non-profit association co-financed by the European Commission, EFTA Member States, and its members in order to give SMEs a voice in the standardisation process at the European and international level.
EBC represents SBS in construction-related fora as well as technical committees and assists SBS members and experts in the implementation of the Construction Products Regulation . Moreover, EBC chairs the SBS Construction Forum, an annual event which discusses construction matters of interest to SMEs involved in standardisation. To find out more about standardisation activities in construction, have a look at the SBS “ .
- European Commission reports on European standardisation system: EBC calls for greater discussion & coordination to continue the successes - - Read more
- Vacancy notice: EBC Standardisation Officer - - Read more
- SBS Construction forum: a more SME-friendly standardisation system in the construction sector - - Read more
- SBS launches annual call for SME standardisation experts – Deadline: 26 October 2018 - - Read more
- INTERMAT 2018: SBS and EBC emphasise the importance to engage SMEs in digitalization and standardisation - - Read more
- EBC to speak at the OECD workshop on "Building the cities of tomorrow" - - Read more
- European Parliament discusses fire safety in buildings - - Read more
- SBS Construction Forum (11 October, Brussels) - Open discussion on the CPR: REGISTER NOW! - - Read more
- Standardisation in Construction: What’s new? - - Read more