Over the last decade, the European construction sector has continuously improved its performance in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS), counting less fatal accidents and reducing work-related sickness. However, it still remains one of the most dangerous and high priority sectors of the European economy as the risks are various and dynamic.
EBC advocates for simplifications, the cutting of red tape as well as an improved implementation of existing regulations. Training, awareness raising and information for both employers and workers are key elements for the success of OHS campaigns in the construction sector and should therefore be supported with technical and financial support from European and national institutions.
- EBC accepted as official partner of the EU-OSHA Healthy Workplaces Campaign 2018-19 on dangerous substances - - Read more
- Construction SMEs: Better health and safety through more awareness! - - Read more
- Annual Conference in Zagreb - Photogallery - - Read more
- EBC Annual Conference took place in Zagreb on 29 September 2017 - - Read more
- Inter-institutional agreement on Wood and Silica Dust - - Read more
- Limit on silica dust voted by EMPL Committee is unrealistic for construction - - Read more
- Silica dust: exposure limit should be realistic - - Read more
- The inclusion of silica dust in the Carcinogens Directive is not adequate to protect workers - - Read more