The EU building stock (residential and commercial) is responsible for about 40% of final energy consumption and about 36% of all greenhouse gas emissions in the EU. Hence, it offers substantial possibilities to ensure that the objectives of the EUs Climate and Energy Policy Framework are met and international commitments are achieved.
Keeping this in mind, EBC is a strong advocate to further promote the social, economic and environmental benefits of sustainable buildings and to improve access and availability of public and private finances so that people are able to cover the costs of renovation works.
- BIM4Ren project – How do you use BIM in renovation processes? - - Read more
- Conference on urban regeneration and the role of SMEs: EBC President highlights the essential role construction SMEs have to play - - Read more
- Easy-to-use BIM tools for collaborative construction energy renovation works: new Horizon 2020 project BIM4REN - - Read more
- Energy efficiency Mortgages Action Plan: Energy efficiency targets cannot be reached without construction SMEs - - Read more
- EBC 2018 Annual Conference "Energy efficiency of historical buildings: which role for SMEs and craftsmen?" - - Read more
- EBC Annual Conference 2018: Energy efficiency of historical buildings: which role for SMEs and craftsmen? - - Read more
- EBC joins the Small is Beautiful campaign: Small scale installations support clean energy future & create local jobs - - Read more
- EBC discusses how to boost youth employment through digitalisation with Renovate Europe at the European Parliament - - Read more
- Stakeholder consultation on the implementation and effectiveness of article 17 EED is open - - Read more
- Energy Performance of Buildings Directive: Agreement reached is the right way to renovate Europe’s building stock - - Read more