The vast majority of construction enterprises and craftsmen in the EU operates at the regional and national level, whether due to market preferences, language barriers, technical requirements or cultural differences. However, as major actors in the European Single Market, construction SMEs are strongly influenced by European legislation on this matter. Therefore, EBC advocates for an SME friendly business environment as well as for the recognition of the peculiarities of the construction sector when drafting and revising broad horizontal legislation and policies that intend to cover other sectors than construction.
- Driving times and Tachographs: Political agreement recognizes construction specificities - - Read more
- Revision of the driving times and tachograph regulations: FIEC & EBC welcome breakthrough agreement reached in the EP - - Read more
- Internal market: EBC Vice-President discussed priorities with MEP Nagtegaal - - Read more
- Revision of the driving times and tachograph regulations: EBC & FIEC worried about widening of legislative scope - - Read more
- The European Construction Industry welcomes the rejection of the proposed services e-card by the European Parliament - - Read more