The long-lasting financial crisis has seriously hit the access to finance and funding for SMEs. Although construction enterprises are on the path to recovery, they still struggle to reach pre-financial crisis levels. Access to finance and funding is, thus, one of the major issues for construction micro, small and medium-sized businesses.
Only decisive SMEs-targeted actions on access to finance and funding will boost growth and bring back confidence as well as investments in the construction sector. Therefore EBC supports the earmarking of EU funds for construction challenges such as energy efficiency, circular economy and digitalisation. EBC also pushes for better access to finance for construction SMEs and the targeted blending of financial instruments and direct grants for SMEs. Moreover, EBC believes that microenterprises need a special financial focus.
- Horizon Europe: Built environment and construction as a priority - - Read more
- Energy efficiency Mortgages Action Plan: Energy efficiency targets cannot be reached without construction SMEs - - Read more
- Construction sector in the UEAPME SME Barometer: positive trends and familiar oscillations throughout 2017 - - Read more
- EP Report on the post-2020 MFF: a good step in the right direction - - Read more
- SME policy: European Investment Fund publishes interactive map on EU support for SMEs - - Read more
- EBC welcomes steps taken by Parliament to support energy efficiency investment - - Read more
- The Juncker Plan: A promising instrument with an aggregating potential - - Read more
- Support to energy efficiency under the European Funds for Strategic Investments - - Read more
- ECON and BUDG should accept ITRE vote in favour of energy efficiency and SMEs - - Read more