Digitalisation is considered to be essential for the EU economy to remain competitive in an increasingly globalised market. The construction sector, as one of the most important EU economic sectors, is thus also getting increasingly involved with its own digital transformation – or Construction 4.0 – which has the potential to further improve working conditions on construction sites, attract young people to the sector and make construction projects more predictable.
However, the construction industry is structurally characterised by the presence of many actors, and this fragmentation of roles and tasks naturally makes digitalisation more challenging when compared with other sectors. Especially construction SMEs and craftsmen have limited investments opportunities and often lack digital expertise, which is why we need a gradual digital transformation across the whole value chain that is beneficial for everyone.
- CONDAP project: new website & second partners meeting - - Read more
- Improving the digital skills of construction mentors: new Erasmus+ project CONDAP - - Read more
- Rebuild Expo & Congress: putting construction construction SMEs at the frontline of digitalisation - - Read more
- The European Construction Industry Manifesto for Digitalisation: Smarter construction, Stronger economy, Inclusive society - - Read more
- INTERMAT 2018: SBS and EBC emphasise the importance to engage SMEs in digitalization and standardisation - - Read more
- DG GROW and DG CONNECT support digital construction - - Read more
- EU Industry Days - Industry stakeholders are ready to take the lead in digital construction - - Read more
- Registration to the workshop on Digital Construction is open - - Read more